- Live Events
- All Events
Betrayed by silence: Archdiocese under scrutiny Jan 21, 2014 - 10:00 AM CDT Coverage of the clergy sexual abuse crisis in the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis and beyond. Full coverage at mprnews.org/betrayed
Protest aims to shut down I-70: Live via Twitter Sep 10, 2014 - 3:33 PM CDT Live tweets from reporters and photographers at the scene of the planned protest to block traffic on Interstate 70 in St. Louis.
Obama to launch airstrikes in Syria for first time Sep 11, 2014
Apple unveils new iPhones, watch Sep 9, 2014
Pres. Obama at Laborfest Sep 1, 2014 President Barack Obama is scheduled to give a speech during Milwaukee's annual Laborfest gathering. MPR News presents live coverage from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Chat with investigative reporters about Louisiana's receding coastline Aug 29, 2014 Scientists say one of the greatest environmental and economic disasters in the nation’s history -- the rapid land loss occurring in Southeast Louisiana -- is rushing toward a catastrophic conclusion over the next 50 years. This week, New Orleans' The Lens and ProPublica launched "Losing Ground," an interactive project that lets readers explore the issues, including why it's happening and what we'll all lose if we do nothing to stop it. Join reporters from The Lens and ProPublica to discuss how they reported the story and created the interactive maps and to answer your questions.
Emmy Awards 2014 Live Blog Aug 26, 2014 Real-time commentary on the 2014 Emmy Awards, including red carpet coverage, up-to-the minute analysis of the show, and reactions to who won and who lost from The Hollywood Reporter and NPR TV critic Eric Deggans.
- Primary Election Day 2014 Aug 13, 2014
Slain officer mourned, family supported Aug 27, 2014
Debate: GOP Candidates for Governor Jul 30, 2014
Live: Comic-Con 2014 Jul 25, 2014 - 10:40 AM CDT Thousands of fanboys and fangirls have flocked to San Diego for the annual Comic-Con, a celebration of superheroes, villains and more. Follow Hollywood Reports and Los Angeles News Group staff members on-site for the latest news from the biggest comic book industry event in the country.
Malaysian jet down over Ukraine Jul 19, 2014 Live coverage from the Denver Post
Germany beats Argentina, 1-0, in the World Cup final Jul 13, 2014
Severe weather moves through Minnesota Jul 7, 2014
WORLD CUP LIVE: Belgium v USA Jul 1, 2014
USA advances in the World Cup after 1-0 loss to Germany Jun 26, 2014 - 1:04 PM CDT
Obama blasts cynics for lack of progress Jun 27, 2014
Severe weather on June 19, 2013 Jun 20, 2014 People in the Twin Cities and across Minnesota woke up to thunder and torrential rain Thursday as flash flooding created dangerous driving conditions in some places.
World Cup: USA v Portugal Jun 23, 2014 Final score 2-2.
Severe weather on June 16, 2014 Jun 17, 2014
Dispatches from Day One on the Green Line Jun 14, 2014 Follow along as MPR News reporter Jon Collins tells the stories along the tracks, from St. Paul to Minneapolis.
World Cup Live: Ghana v USA Jun 17, 2014
MPR News Top Coast Festival Jun 2, 2014
Two Minnesotans retrace the deadly 400 mile River of Doubt canoe excursion May 22, 2014
- Discussion: How important is stormwater reuse? May 21, 2014
Severe weather on May 8 May 9, 2014
Gov. Dayton's State of the State address Apr 30, 2014
Sterling banned for life by NBA Apr 29, 2014 - 11:15 AM CDT
- What would make your workplace better? Apr 16, 2014 The Daily Circuit's in-depth conversation on April 15 at 10:20 is about improving work-life balance. This is the question for the audience:What one thing would make things better at your workplace? More flexible hours? Do you wish your company were more creative? Tell us what you want at work.
- Ask the editor: Minnesota's ground water problem Apr 11, 2014
- Hank Aaron's 715th home run re-enacted Apr 8, 2014 - 1:00 PM CDT On April 8, 1974, Hank Aaron hit his 715th home run, surpassing Babe Ruth and becoming baseball's all-time home run king -- a record that held until 2007. On the 40th anniversary of the iconic homer, ESPN.com presents a live re-enactment of Aaron's record-breaking achievement.
April snowstorm smacks Minnesota Apr 7, 2014
Winter storm rolls into Minnesota; 2 to 6 inches likely for metro tonight Mar 19, 2014
St. Patrick's Day 2014 Mar 17, 2014 A live stream of photos from the 2014 St. Patrick's Day parade in St. Paul.
Oscar watch party with The Cube Critics and the Hollywood Reporter May 19, 2014
President Obama makes pitch for $302 billion to fix aging infrastructure Feb 26, 2014
Minnesota digs out from a major winter storm Feb 21, 2014
- Sochi Olympics Tracker Feb 25, 2014 Live coverage of the 2014 Winter Olympics from Digital First Media
- What role does alcohol play in your life? Jan 30, 2014
APM's Marketplace covers the State of the Union speech Jan 28, 2014 Marketplace reporters and editors weigh in on the pressing economic and financial issues in President Obama's 2014 State of the Union address.
Living with anxiety Mar 5, 2014 On Wednesday, January 22, we'll be talking about living with anxiety with siblings Sage and Scott Stossel. Both suffer from at times crippling bouts of anxiety, yet have managed to live creative and successful lives.
- Full house at public hearing on PolyMet's proposed copper-nickel mine Jan 17, 2014 More than a thousand people show up for the first public meeting on a proposal by a company to mine copper and other metals near Hoyt Lakes, Minn. Minnesota is potentially on the brink of a copper mining boom. Duluth hosted the first of a series of public hearings Thursday night.
Deep freeze descends on Minnesota Jan 7, 2014
Last call at the Metrodome Dec 29, 2013 - 8:30 AM CDT The Hubert H. Humphery Metrodome, the longtime home of the Minnesota Vikings hosts its final football game.
Winter storm blankets upper midwest Dec 6, 2013
Betrayed by silence: Archdiocese under scrutiny 5:05 PM CDT Coverage of the clergy sexual abuse crisis in the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis and beyond. Full coverage at mprnews.org/betrayed
State of Minnesota beer Nov 20, 2013 Join Rachel Anderson, Indeed Brewing; Justin Kaney, Bemidji Brewing; Patrick Sundberg, Jack Pine Brewery; Jeff Hahn, Dayblock Brewing; Rob Shellman of the Better Beer Society and others for a chat about the future of brewing in Minnesota.
Top 8 facts about Minnesota's brewing history Nov 19, 2013 Beer historian Doug Hoverson on brewing in Minnesota.
Rethinking a Company Town Nov 15, 2013 - 9:46 AM CDT Join us for a live chat at 10 a.m. Friday (Nov. 15) while the Daily Circuit broadcasts a special documentary about International Falls. Long a company town centered on an iconic paper mill, the border town is confronting a future in which the mill seems likely to play a lesser role. How do residents want or need the town to change?
Minnesota election results Nov 7, 2013
Central conflict in "Medora:" How to change and stay the same Oct 30, 2013 Davy Rothbart, creator of FOUND Magazine and regular This American Life contributor, discusses his new documentary Medora with MPR News' Ground Level project.Medora is an in-depth, deeply personal look at small-town life, a thrilling, underdog basketball story, and an inspiring tale of a community refusing to give up hope despite the brutal odds stacked against them. On a grander scale, it’s a film about America, and the thousands of small towns across the country facing the same fight. As one towns-person told us, “Once we lose these small towns, we can't get them back."
Bushwhacking canoe country without a boat Oct 29, 2013 A chat with outfitter and guide Jason Zabokrtsky who just emerged from two weeks in the wilderness, bushwhacking his way from the depths of Quetico Provincial Park, through the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness and into Ely, Minn. He made the entire 80 mile trip without seeing another human.
- President Obama speaks on the Affordable Care Act Oct 22, 2013
- Deal will reopen government, lift debt ceiling temporarily Oct 21, 2013 Last-minute agreement averts a threatened Treasury default and reopens the government after a partial, 16-day shutdown.
- Severe weather - September 19, 2013 Sep 19, 2013 - 9:44 AM CDT
- Multiple people dead in Washington Navy Yard shooting Sep 16, 2013 - 11:00 AM CDT Live coverage from WTOP, a CBS Radio affiliate in Washington, D.C.
- Firefighters battling downtown Winona blaze Sep 13, 2013 - 7:00 AM CDT
- 14 questions and answers about MNsure Sep 17, 2013 MNsure, the state’s new online health insurance marketplace goes live in three weeks. Wednesday morning MNsure executive director April Todd-Malmlov joined MPR News for an online chat and answered 14 questions submitted by the audience.
- Obama addresses the nation on Syria Nov 20, 2013 Reuters world editor Clare Richardson, online editor Mark Kolmar and community manager Margarita Noriega provide real-time coverage of events as they continue to unfold since last week's alleged chemical weapons attack in a rebel-held suburb of Damascus.
- Severe weather - August 6, 2013 Aug 6, 2013 - 2:13 PM CDT
- Comic-Con 2013 Nov 18, 2013 Now in its 43rd year, San Diego ComicCon has become a pop culture phenomenon that grew out of a 1970 comic book convention. This year, convention-goers are marking the 20th anniversary of "The X-Files," the 50th anniversary of "Dr. Who,' the launch of several new sci-fi and superhero movies and plenty of comic-book and fantasy ephemera for fans of all stripes. Live coverage from the Associated Press, Twitter and MPR News curation.
- Severe weather - Weekend of July 6-7, 2013 Jul 8, 2013
- Supreme Court rules DOMA is unconstitutional; declines to rule on California's Prop. 8 Sep 4, 2013 A live blog from Reuters and MPR News.
- Severe weather - June 25, 2013 Jun 26, 2013
- Severe weather - June 21-23, 2013 Jun 21, 2013 - 3:45 PM CDT
- Apple set to unveil new hardware, software, services at WWDC Jun 10, 2013 - 8:49 AM CDT Live coverage from CNET
- Live on The Daily Circuit: Bachmann will not seek re-election to Congress May 29, 2013
- Clock ticks down to end of legislative session May 20, 2013 - 10:19 AM CDT
- Severe weather - May 19, 2013 May 19, 2013 - 1:30 PM CDT
- Gov. Dayton signs same-sex marriage legislation May 14, 2013
- No way, May: Another winter storm May 2, 2013
- Higher education on The Daily Circuit's Friday Roundtable Apr 26, 2013 This week on the Friday Roundtable, panelists will discuss the purpose of higher education. Given the costs of college tuition, the skills mismatch that many employers are reporting and the debt that many students leave school with, should higher education be aimed at training people for the workforce? Should its purpose be to create well-rounded citizens? Or is "education for education's sake" still a worthy goal?
- Meet Astronaut Abby and astronaut Luca Parmitano May 2, 2013 Have you ever dreamed of being an astronaut? Do you know what steps to take to make that dream a reality? Join us as we welcome an aspiring astronaut and her professional astronaut mentor to see how each of them got to where they are today, and where the future might bring them.
- One more time? Winter storm on April 22-23 Apr 23, 2013
- Fargo-Moorhead residents preparing for possible record flooding Apr 29, 2013
- Not again: Another winter storm in April Apr 19, 2013
- Interfaith service for victims of Boston Marathon bombings Apr 19, 2013 A live blog from Boston.com
- Boston explosions kill two, police say Apr 16, 2013
- Shooting the stars: Ask a photographer May 2, 2013 An online clinic of night photography: Learn how to shoot the stars with photographers Bryan Hansel, Heidi Pinkerton and Greg Marshall. [More at http://publicinsightnetwork.org]
- Roger Ebert funeral - A Chicago Sun-Times live blog Apr 8, 2013 - 9:56 AM CDT
- Minnesota's Skills Gap Apr 5, 2013 - 10:49 AM CDT Will enough Minnesotans have the right skills to fill the jobs needed to keep the state's economy humming in the coming decade? That question has been vexing employers, higher education officials, economic development experts and others for several years. Answers to it vary with the field and with geography. But many of those people are trying to make sure residents have the right opportunities, employers have access to the right people and public entities play an appropriate role. This Ground Level exploration shows how the state, employers, private trainers and others are grappling with why some jobs in Minnesota are hard to fill.
- Supreme Court weighs same-sex marriage cases Mar 27, 2013 Live coverage from Reuters. Scroll down for more updates.
- Q&A: Understanding frac sand with Minnesota's chief geologist May 2, 2013 Tony Runkel of the Minnesota Geological Survey discusses sand deposits and mining operations in the state. Local communities currently determine the fate of mining applications, but some state lawmakers would like a more uniform statewide standard to sand mining, which has grown significantly since 2010.
- Monday winter storm Mar 18, 2013 - 9:35 AM CDT Another winter storm is blasting through Minnesota today with snow and wind. Here are some storm reports as they come in.
Frozen beauty: Capturing the land of ice and snow Mar 15, 2013 A Q&A and with Grand Marais, Minn. photographer Bryan Hansel about some of the beautiful images he's captured this winter.
- Winter storm March 4-5, 2013 Mar 5, 2013
- Sand to frac with Feb 26, 2013 A discussion on mining for frac sand
- Winter storm - Feb 22, 2013 Feb 22, 2013 - 4:18 PM CDT
- The Cube Critics on the Oscars Feb 24, 2013 - 4:15 PM CDT The Cube Critics -- Stephanie Curtis and Euan Kerr -- share their thoughts on Oscar night
- State of the Union 2013: live video and chat Feb 12, 2013
- Live updates: weekend winter storm Feb 11, 2013
- Lonnie Dupre: Open to another Denali trip Feb 8, 2013 - 11:15 AM CDT Arctic explorer Lonnie Dupre failed his 3rd attempt to solo summit Alaska's Denali, but says he's up for another shot at it
- President Obama pitches gun control measures in Minneapolis Feb 4, 2013
- Dayton unveils budget, tax plan Jan 22, 2013
- Obama unveils gun violence measures Jan 16, 2013
- Presidential inauguration 2013 Jan 21, 2013
- Live coverage of Connecticut elementary school shooting Dec 14, 2012
- Winter storm blankets Minnesota Dec 10, 2012
- Share your story of holiday family strife Dec 3, 2012 Live chat with Carolyn Hax
- Live chat about kids and culture Nov 29, 2012 The Daily Circuit for November 29
- Teaching the U.S. - Dakota War of 1862 Jan 19, 2013